I realize that by the time this is posted, it will be early Thursday, but nonetheless, here goes.
I want to start a new feature entitled Wednesday Wisdom. It is simple, I will be sharing with you what I heard earlier in the evening at our church’s midweek service.
Currently, our pastor is in a series on the Names of God. Tonight we studied about Jehovah-Yahweh from Exodus chapter 3.
Jehovah-Yahweh – Isaiah 42:8
This is found in our Bibles as LORD
It is the primary name for God that is found over 5000 times in the entire Bible.
In Exodus 3 we see an interesting exchange:
Moses raises two objections: Who am I? (referring to himself) and Who are you? (referring to God)
We see from this passage the following
1) Jehovah-Yahweh is personal – vs. 1-4
2) Jehovah-Yahweh is particular – vs. 5-6
3) Jehovah-Yahweh is present – vs. 7-9
4) Jehovah-Yahweh is purposeful – vs. 10-11
5) Jehovah-Yahweh is patient – vs. 11-13
6) Jehovah-Yahweh is powerful
II Chronicles 14:11
I am enjoying this series on the names of God. I hope that you will enjoy reading as well!